ABOUT MAX 8
An infinitely flexible space to create your own interactive software
The Max program is modular, with most routines existing as shared libraries. An application programming interface (API) allows third-party development of new routines (named external objects)
RNBO is a new patching environment built to export software with the sound of Max.
Create web experiences, hardware music devices, audio plugins, and new Max objects all from the same patch. And when that’s not enough, RNBO generates source code that you can use however you want.
One Patch, Many Targets
- Build guitar pedals, Eurorack modules and much more with Raspberry Pi export
- Run your patch in any DAW as a VST3 or AudioUnit Plugin
- Compile your own self-contained, shareable Max object
- Increase performance and loading times of your Max for Live devices
- Embed your RNBO sound engine into a website using Web Export